...Are you really getting the best for your Manuka?
Steens have been beekeeping for 34 years, so we know a thing or two about bees. We have worked with Manuka honey since the beginning so we understand what is needed to maximise Manuka crops.
- We are seeking land with High Active blocks for our Premium Markets
- Steens pay market rates and do more for your honey
- We cover the entire North Island, and no site is a problem
Maximise your Crop
- Our unique extraction techniques allow us to extract up to 20% more honey than conventional techniques – we don’t leave honey in the comb like our competitors
More Hives doesn’t = More Money
- We get your bee stocking rates right. You wouldn’t overstock your paddocks, so why over stock your hives?
- Overstocked paddocks mean skinny cows and less milk. Overstocking your property with bees gives the same result – hungry bees and less honey!
Maximize Honey Activity
- We calculate the best time to place your hives, by constant monitoring of the climate, flowering and your land. This is based on years of experience and research
Steens is a Stable Business
- We don't over promise and under deliver - We pay what we say
- We are not a big bloated corporate with large overheads
- Financially stable business that has always paid
- Our word is our word
Growing Retail Markets
- Steens is sold in over 750 outlets in the UK, and growing including leading retailers such as Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Harrods and Wholefoods
- We are building a presence in North America and Asia to cater to and capitalise on new growth markets for Manuka
- We have a strong digital platform to engage the digital shopper
- We are developing specialist high activity markets to deliver best return to the high active producer
- We are developing new innovative products to appraoch new consumers and usage occasions to grow the consumption and value return for the Manuka we sell